"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Thursday, October 30, 2008
This is about fundamentals. Change is a meaningless platitude that does nothing to advance our own domestic or foreign policy. Only by having the courage of our convictions can we really move this country forward. Withdrawing from the terrorist battlegrounds in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere is probably the worst thing we can do. Not only will we cause more losses of lives, and devastation in a region that has probably had enough, we will demonstrate to the terrorists and to those on the fence as to whether they will follow Islamic extremism or the cause of liberty that we are not the superpower we claim to be. Ladies and gentlemen, we are the beacon of hope for a world that is usually on the brink of some great disaster. We've turned the tide in a region that has known warfare and bloodshed for generations, and it is because of the awakening that we experienced on Sept. 11. Our free market economy isn't supposed to be 100% gains; markets fluctuate with time. At no point during the stock market, have we ever had a 10 year period of average losses, and that's a testament to the power and ingenuity of the American people. A vote for Sen. Obama shifts that power away from the people and to the government. He and Bill Clinton may like to talk about growing America from the ground up, instead of the top down, but giving government control to regulate and rule more and more parts of our lives is not growing the country from the ground up. It's detrimental to our productivity, and jobs. A liberal co-worker asked me to give him one reason to vote for McCain. I asked him "does your company earn more than $250k per year?" His wide eyed looked of surprise demonstrated that, for the first time, he may have been on the emotional bandwagon of change. Jump off the bandwagon, people, and get on the straight talk express. Think about specifics, and try to understand what higher tax rates do to productivity. The 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, passed by Republicans, increased revenue at a time when we desperately needed it. If tax cuts increase revenue, what do tax increases do?
Sphere: Related Content
- MCCAIN LEADS!!!
- The Color of News
- Get Mad, Make your voice heard. VOTE!
- Obama will not tolerate your insolence!
- Top Election YouTube video
- The Age of Stupidity Arrives Early
- The apex of a deceptive campaign: The $4M Infomerc...
- The little campaign that could...
- Links for the day
- Biden Foot in Mouth -- Part II
- State of the Race: McCain's limited opportunities
- No Barney, that's not the type of drilling we need...
- Drudge Calls it a Bombshell...It's "Dog bites man"...
- Dueling Philosophies
- Barack Obama's "Middle Class"??
- Barack is the "Jimmy Carter" candidate?
- What's with the crazy polls this year: A statistic...
- What do you know about Barack Obama?
- Resurrection of Harry Truman
- It came in the middle of the night!
- Obama's Supporters Vote for McCain's Policies!
- Our crisis of confidence in Leadership
- Democrats (In Their Own Words) Defending Fannie an...
- Barney Frank...not the kind of drilling we need
- BREAKING NEWS: Barack not in Hawaii
- Joe "Nostradamus" Biden
- The Democratic National Committe's new seal
- Barack has good pick up lines; can he score?
- Obama en Masse
- Prophetic Words from Reagan
- Stare Into the Eyes of the Great Leader Prophet Me...
- The Liberal Mind
- A Liberal Supermajority
- The funny men
- The McCain Surge
- Paradigm Shift
- John McCain
- Barack as Robin Hood, a song
- Oh Nuts!
- Biden's Foot-in-Mouth Disease
- Biden Attacks Joe the Plumber
- McCain Scores in the Final Debate
- Is there still hope for McCain?
- Anticipation for Obamanomics
- Too Little, Too Late?
- Barack is Robin Hood in Sheeps' Clothes.
- ACORN voter registration fraud (cont.)
- The coming Keynesian revolution
- ACORN voter registration fraud (cont.)
- Premature Evacuation
- Biden's Creative Use for Rosary Beads
- Power and Importance of Religion
- Liberal intellectualism at its best (McCain suppor...
- Republicans are racist!
- Obama's Supporters and Specific Accomplishments
- We're all going to DIE unless Global Warming is So...
- Russia Fires Missile into the Pacific
- Sarah Silverman Says you can poop and vote and the...
- Iraq is the Central Front in the GWOT Despite Obam...
- Distinguished Economists Agree with McCain
- October Surprise?! -- Drudge Reporting Obama Had ...
- Obama Disses the Flag
- Smoot-Hawley Tariff Redux
- Meanwhile back in North Korea...
- "I will slow our development of future combat syst...
- Recommended Reading
- ACORN voter registration fraud
- Is BO the great and powerful Oz?
- Transparency in Government?
- Ayers, Wright, Code Pink, and NARAL ... ALL OBAMA ...
- Obama's Crazy Claims
- A Time for Choosing
- Real Change = McCain
- The Disturbing William Ayers
- 48 Seconds of Stuttering followed by 2 Seconds of ...
- Liberals Know SO MUCH ... that isn't so
- Subtle Hint at Obama's "Belief System"
- $700B of postive reinforcement, for what?
- 3 Reasons to questions BO's judgement
- The Dangers of Celebrity Worship, A Threat to our ...
- An American Carol
- VP Debate Reaction: Neither won, but one strategy ...
- MORE ELECTORAL FUN!!
- EC Average - Bradley Effect = Tie?!
- The Return of Karl Marx
- ▼ October (86)