"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Thursday, October 16, 2008
In 1900, about half of all Americans were farmers or involved in agriculture. By 2000 only 1-2% of Americans were farmers or agricultural workers, yet we produce more food per capita than we ever have. We shifted from an agricultural nation to an industrial superpower, and in the process changed the face of liberty not only at home, but abroad. Our industrial might helped us to help our free-thinking allies fight off, and defeat tyrannical dictators, while we were able to prosper at home. Although we have faced some hard times, we have never failed to overcome them. We won't fail now.
We face some stark new realities that are unique to our time, yet we have the national will, and the know-how to tackle the problems we face. We are moving towards an information age, and we are already starting to feel the growing pains. We cannot simply continue to be loose with credit, or let politics play 'Piper' to principles. It has to be the other way around. I'm looking for a candidate that puts principles and country first, and I've found the best option in John McCain. "Change" can't be an empty slogan, but rather a call to action. When the paradigm shift hits full swing, we don't want to be printing money to add to our national debt, because we couldn't cut a pork-barrel program, or because businesses found a better deal in foreign lands. We need to pay off our debt, and start saving. We need to educate our workforce, and simultaneously defend our homeland. We need something new. We need some good common sense.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein
Now, I'll leave you with a fairly popular presentation that demonstrates some of the realities in this new global economy...shift happens.
Sphere: Related Content
- MCCAIN LEADS!!!
- The Color of News
- Get Mad, Make your voice heard. VOTE!
- Obama will not tolerate your insolence!
- Top Election YouTube video
- The Age of Stupidity Arrives Early
- The apex of a deceptive campaign: The $4M Infomerc...
- The little campaign that could...
- Links for the day
- Biden Foot in Mouth -- Part II
- State of the Race: McCain's limited opportunities
- No Barney, that's not the type of drilling we need...
- Drudge Calls it a Bombshell...It's "Dog bites man"...
- Dueling Philosophies
- Barack Obama's "Middle Class"??
- Barack is the "Jimmy Carter" candidate?
- What's with the crazy polls this year: A statistic...
- What do you know about Barack Obama?
- Resurrection of Harry Truman
- It came in the middle of the night!
- Obama's Supporters Vote for McCain's Policies!
- Our crisis of confidence in Leadership
- Democrats (In Their Own Words) Defending Fannie an...
- Barney Frank...not the kind of drilling we need
- BREAKING NEWS: Barack not in Hawaii
- Joe "Nostradamus" Biden
- The Democratic National Committe's new seal
- Barack has good pick up lines; can he score?
- Obama en Masse
- Prophetic Words from Reagan
- Stare Into the Eyes of the Great Leader Prophet Me...
- The Liberal Mind
- A Liberal Supermajority
- The funny men
- The McCain Surge
- Paradigm Shift
- John McCain
- Barack as Robin Hood, a song
- Oh Nuts!
- Biden's Foot-in-Mouth Disease
- Biden Attacks Joe the Plumber
- McCain Scores in the Final Debate
- Is there still hope for McCain?
- Anticipation for Obamanomics
- Too Little, Too Late?
- Barack is Robin Hood in Sheeps' Clothes.
- ACORN voter registration fraud (cont.)
- The coming Keynesian revolution
- ACORN voter registration fraud (cont.)
- Premature Evacuation
- Biden's Creative Use for Rosary Beads
- Power and Importance of Religion
- Liberal intellectualism at its best (McCain suppor...
- Republicans are racist!
- Obama's Supporters and Specific Accomplishments
- We're all going to DIE unless Global Warming is So...
- Russia Fires Missile into the Pacific
- Sarah Silverman Says you can poop and vote and the...
- Iraq is the Central Front in the GWOT Despite Obam...
- Distinguished Economists Agree with McCain
- October Surprise?! -- Drudge Reporting Obama Had ...
- Obama Disses the Flag
- Smoot-Hawley Tariff Redux
- Meanwhile back in North Korea...
- "I will slow our development of future combat syst...
- Recommended Reading
- ACORN voter registration fraud
- Is BO the great and powerful Oz?
- Transparency in Government?
- Ayers, Wright, Code Pink, and NARAL ... ALL OBAMA ...
- Obama's Crazy Claims
- A Time for Choosing
- Real Change = McCain
- The Disturbing William Ayers
- 48 Seconds of Stuttering followed by 2 Seconds of ...
- Liberals Know SO MUCH ... that isn't so
- Subtle Hint at Obama's "Belief System"
- $700B of postive reinforcement, for what?
- 3 Reasons to questions BO's judgement
- The Dangers of Celebrity Worship, A Threat to our ...
- An American Carol
- VP Debate Reaction: Neither won, but one strategy ...
- MORE ELECTORAL FUN!!
- EC Average - Bradley Effect = Tie?!
- The Return of Karl Marx
- ▼ October (86)