"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Thursday, October 2, 2008
The 12th Amendment to the Constitution clearly states that if the majority of electors is not won (this means in a 3 person race, even the guy with the most electoral votes does not win unless it's 270+) the decision for president goes immediately to the U.S. House of Representatives. (Not so fast comrades, don't break out the old copies of your favorite manifesto just yet because there's a majority of Dems in the House!) Each state gets one vote. To be elected president, a majority of states has to elect you. There are currently 27 states with Democrat majorities...seven of them by only one vote. If any representative from Vermont, North Dakota, Tennessee, North Carolina, New Jersey, Iowa, or Indiana changes sides, it is a complete shift to the Republican candidate. This doesn't mean that the other 23 states will go Republican, but we could see another tie.
If the House can't decide by January 20, 2009, then the Vice-President-elect becomes acting President of the United States! President Palin (or President Biden) could preside over something unparalleled in the annals of our American history. If, however, the VP candidate is not a clear winner (meaning he or she does not have a clear majority either), guess who runs the country in the interim...Nancy Pelosi.
I only hope we learn from this, and bring back the Reagan-esque butt-kickings our party once enjoyed. That was at a time when 99% of all media was liberal, and Reagan couldn't catch a braek no matter what he did. In the information age, we have unfettered access to everything any politician says publicly, and this can serve us well.
**Take a moment to look the two face of Mr. Inconvenient Truth himself at the bottom of this page...if you can stomach it.
**Looks like youtube drops the links to Gore's hypocrisy. Don't worry, I've got you covered here!
Sphere: Related Content
- MCCAIN LEADS!!!
- The Color of News
- Get Mad, Make your voice heard. VOTE!
- Obama will not tolerate your insolence!
- Top Election YouTube video
- The Age of Stupidity Arrives Early
- The apex of a deceptive campaign: The $4M Infomerc...
- The little campaign that could...
- Links for the day
- Biden Foot in Mouth -- Part II
- State of the Race: McCain's limited opportunities
- No Barney, that's not the type of drilling we need...
- Drudge Calls it a Bombshell...It's "Dog bites man"...
- Dueling Philosophies
- Barack Obama's "Middle Class"??
- Barack is the "Jimmy Carter" candidate?
- What's with the crazy polls this year: A statistic...
- What do you know about Barack Obama?
- Resurrection of Harry Truman
- It came in the middle of the night!
- Obama's Supporters Vote for McCain's Policies!
- Our crisis of confidence in Leadership
- Democrats (In Their Own Words) Defending Fannie an...
- Barney Frank...not the kind of drilling we need
- BREAKING NEWS: Barack not in Hawaii
- Joe "Nostradamus" Biden
- The Democratic National Committe's new seal
- Barack has good pick up lines; can he score?
- Obama en Masse
- Prophetic Words from Reagan
- Stare Into the Eyes of the Great Leader Prophet Me...
- The Liberal Mind
- A Liberal Supermajority
- The funny men
- The McCain Surge
- Paradigm Shift
- John McCain
- Barack as Robin Hood, a song
- Oh Nuts!
- Biden's Foot-in-Mouth Disease
- Biden Attacks Joe the Plumber
- McCain Scores in the Final Debate
- Is there still hope for McCain?
- Anticipation for Obamanomics
- Too Little, Too Late?
- Barack is Robin Hood in Sheeps' Clothes.
- ACORN voter registration fraud (cont.)
- The coming Keynesian revolution
- ACORN voter registration fraud (cont.)
- Premature Evacuation
- Biden's Creative Use for Rosary Beads
- Power and Importance of Religion
- Liberal intellectualism at its best (McCain suppor...
- Republicans are racist!
- Obama's Supporters and Specific Accomplishments
- We're all going to DIE unless Global Warming is So...
- Russia Fires Missile into the Pacific
- Sarah Silverman Says you can poop and vote and the...
- Iraq is the Central Front in the GWOT Despite Obam...
- Distinguished Economists Agree with McCain
- October Surprise?! -- Drudge Reporting Obama Had ...
- Obama Disses the Flag
- Smoot-Hawley Tariff Redux
- Meanwhile back in North Korea...
- "I will slow our development of future combat syst...
- Recommended Reading
- ACORN voter registration fraud
- Is BO the great and powerful Oz?
- Transparency in Government?
- Ayers, Wright, Code Pink, and NARAL ... ALL OBAMA ...
- Obama's Crazy Claims
- A Time for Choosing
- Real Change = McCain
- The Disturbing William Ayers
- 48 Seconds of Stuttering followed by 2 Seconds of ...
- Liberals Know SO MUCH ... that isn't so
- Subtle Hint at Obama's "Belief System"
- $700B of postive reinforcement, for what?
- 3 Reasons to questions BO's judgement
- The Dangers of Celebrity Worship, A Threat to our ...
- An American Carol
- VP Debate Reaction: Neither won, but one strategy ...
- MORE ELECTORAL FUN!!
- EC Average - Bradley Effect = Tie?!
- The Return of Karl Marx
- ▼ October (86)