"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Friday, January 2, 2009
JCB is the business guy, so he can tell us what the 32.4 "index" means, but see my earlier post for a general philosophical view...paradigm shift.
Supercomputers operate at many teraflops now (trillions of floating operations per second), yet the human mind supposedly works at a rate of about 10 petaflops (10 quadrillion flops or 10,000,000,000,000,000). In 3-4 years, supercomputers will think faster than we do. In 5-7 years, a standard laptop will.
While it's exciting to think about the possibilities of world's future, we must also remember to maintain a moral compass. Ethics are sometimes lost in the pursuit of scientific research. Science is a useful tool of humanity, but it is only a human interpretation of God's universe...it does not replace it. We can uncover truths, bring the world closer together, and expand our horizons, but we will not uncover absolute truth, bring a utopian society in our time, and reach the end of the universe with scientific quests.
We were a farming nation once before we shifted to an industrial one.
We became a superpower.
The world became more free. Sphere: Related Content
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009...
- The Resistance: Part Duo
- Research Assistant 2008
- The Resistance
- MN Senate Recount Trial: Day 2
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 3 & 4
- Republicans flexing their opposition muscles
- Predictions for the Obama Presidency
- Nancy " The Wicked Witch of the West" Pelosi
- The arrogance of assumed mandates
- A moral questioning of Nationalized Healthcare
- Why we are where we are, and how to move forward.
- Obama stock is over priced, get ready for the sell...
- The Age of President Bush is at an End
- Ramos and Compean are Free
- Let the benefit of History be the judge
- Coleman outlines court challenges
- Official White House reports of the accomplishment...
- A Charge to Keep
- The New Rust Belt States ... Blue States
- Saying goodbye to George Walker Bush, the man
- Barack Obama renews the prominence of the "Victim ...
- Still think the U.S. is not dominant?
- Coleman is all in!
- Guns, not cameras, prevent crime!
- 2010 Democratic Senate Super-Majority?
- Who is Caleb Stegall?
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 2
- Constitutional Crisis
- Sarah Palin refuses to forfeit
- Obama focused on college football?
- Obamanomics, everything for everyone
- Sen. Reid, the Constitution, the Constitution, Sen...
- An Election Review by Jay Cost
- Um, Harry your arrogance is showing
- This recession was inevitable and overdue!
- No Franken Way!
- Sen. Reid says Dems can do "Whatever we want to do...
- Calling Down the Thunder
- My Letter to Sen. Reid
- Fighting Escalates in Gaza/Israel
- 68% of the active duty military not optimistic abo...
- McCain called it, Ukraine is next on Russia's list...
- Reid's Betrayal!
- Manufacturing Fell to 28 Year Low
- ▼ January (45)