"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Friday, January 2, 2009
Ladies and Gentlemen, especially you voters out there in Nevada, how does it feel to have your leaders who have sworn to protect the Constitution trample on it in the interest of public opinion polls?
While it is unConstitutional for a Senate Majority leader to deny a state the ability to choose its Senator for a vacant seat, it is perfectly legal for the Senate to remove a Senator for cause! Sen. Reid, by your willful attack on our government's founding document, you should be removed from the Senate. If not, the people of Nevada should really consider the consequences of their actions during the next re-election bid for Sen. Reid.
I hereby call for your immediate removal, Senator Reid. Rep. Lamborn, you're getting another letter from this Colorado resident calling for a House Bill to end multiple terms in office for Senators, and limiting terms to 2 (for a total of 4 years) for Representatives. This nation deserves better than careerists who put self-interests above national ones.
Write your representatives!: http://www.house.gov/
Write your senators!: http://www.senate.gov/ Sphere: Related Content
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009...
- The Resistance: Part Duo
- Research Assistant 2008
- The Resistance
- MN Senate Recount Trial: Day 2
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 3 & 4
- Republicans flexing their opposition muscles
- Predictions for the Obama Presidency
- Nancy " The Wicked Witch of the West" Pelosi
- The arrogance of assumed mandates
- A moral questioning of Nationalized Healthcare
- Why we are where we are, and how to move forward.
- Obama stock is over priced, get ready for the sell...
- The Age of President Bush is at an End
- Ramos and Compean are Free
- Let the benefit of History be the judge
- Coleman outlines court challenges
- Official White House reports of the accomplishment...
- A Charge to Keep
- The New Rust Belt States ... Blue States
- Saying goodbye to George Walker Bush, the man
- Barack Obama renews the prominence of the "Victim ...
- Still think the U.S. is not dominant?
- Coleman is all in!
- Guns, not cameras, prevent crime!
- 2010 Democratic Senate Super-Majority?
- Who is Caleb Stegall?
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 2
- Constitutional Crisis
- Sarah Palin refuses to forfeit
- Obama focused on college football?
- Obamanomics, everything for everyone
- Sen. Reid, the Constitution, the Constitution, Sen...
- An Election Review by Jay Cost
- Um, Harry your arrogance is showing
- This recession was inevitable and overdue!
- No Franken Way!
- Sen. Reid says Dems can do "Whatever we want to do...
- Calling Down the Thunder
- My Letter to Sen. Reid
- Fighting Escalates in Gaza/Israel
- 68% of the active duty military not optimistic abo...
- McCain called it, Ukraine is next on Russia's list...
- Reid's Betrayal!
- Manufacturing Fell to 28 Year Low
- ▼ January (45)