"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Saturday, January 3, 2009
We know a few things:
1) Hamas started this round of fighting, breaking through a months-long ceasefire.
2) Many have died in the attacks and the reprisal. Many more will.
3) Hamas places its own military operations in civilian areas to maximize its own casualties, including those of women and children.
4) This conflict will end, but the war between the Muslim and Jewish nations will never end.
People like to talk in meaningless platitudes about peace and justice, but those are unattainable goals in our world. We must all act by the courage of our convictions, and hope to do so in the name of God, and not for some other prideful reasons.
As the fighting escalates, the Israelis need to consider a final end game to this war, even though it may be impossible.
1) They must destroy Hamas.
2) They must destroy military operations in Gaza and elsewhere.
3) They must use an incredible amount of precision and accuracy. (Accuracy is hitting the right target, precision is hitting right where you're aiming....)
4) Recognize Palestine as a state.
Let me expand upon that for a moment. Numbers 1 and 2 above are obvious. Israeli could use their unacknowledged nuclear arsenal to basically wipe out every Palestinian in the area, if they chose to. But it's important not to lose sight of 3 and 4. Hamas has deliberately created an environment conducive to massive collateral damage. Like cowards, Hamas military operatives launch rockets at civilians in Israel, and hide behind women and children. Meanwhile, other Hamas leaders encourge their own children to blow themselves up after they complete their Koran studies.
Either Hamas is not Muslim, or all Muslims favor death to life. In either case, those who favor death do not worship God. They are on the wrong side of eternity. We have to hold on to hope that the majority of the Muslim world is in favor of peace, and in favor of simply living their own lives, freely. Imagine the 15 year old Muslim "student" who has just been assigned to a suicide bombing by his Hamas mentors. He looks over at the free world and sees teenagers living freely, anticipating going to the movies, or going to college, or marriage and family, etc. If given a choice, in what environment would he choose to live?
We have to do a better job of demonstrating what freedom really is to these people. Hopefully Israel can find a way to do that, although it won't be easy.
If Palestinians are granted statehood, it should not deter from Israel's self-defense. When rockets fly over the border, it's time for action.
As Israel embarks upon the latest battle for its defense, let's hope and pray that the innocent are spared.
1) get their children out of the battle zones today
2) then get Hamas out of their neighborhoods!
3) stop voting for terrorists 'leaders' that will get the citizens killed (not themselves, they hide)
1) stop calling down the thunder on someone else
2) face the fact that they are done
3) go into retirement or die Sphere: Related Content
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009...
- The Resistance: Part Duo
- Research Assistant 2008
- The Resistance
- MN Senate Recount Trial: Day 2
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 3 & 4
- Republicans flexing their opposition muscles
- Predictions for the Obama Presidency
- Nancy " The Wicked Witch of the West" Pelosi
- The arrogance of assumed mandates
- A moral questioning of Nationalized Healthcare
- Why we are where we are, and how to move forward.
- Obama stock is over priced, get ready for the sell...
- The Age of President Bush is at an End
- Ramos and Compean are Free
- Let the benefit of History be the judge
- Coleman outlines court challenges
- Official White House reports of the accomplishment...
- A Charge to Keep
- The New Rust Belt States ... Blue States
- Saying goodbye to George Walker Bush, the man
- Barack Obama renews the prominence of the "Victim ...
- Still think the U.S. is not dominant?
- Coleman is all in!
- Guns, not cameras, prevent crime!
- 2010 Democratic Senate Super-Majority?
- Who is Caleb Stegall?
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 2
- Constitutional Crisis
- Sarah Palin refuses to forfeit
- Obama focused on college football?
- Obamanomics, everything for everyone
- Sen. Reid, the Constitution, the Constitution, Sen...
- An Election Review by Jay Cost
- Um, Harry your arrogance is showing
- This recession was inevitable and overdue!
- No Franken Way!
- Sen. Reid says Dems can do "Whatever we want to do...
- Calling Down the Thunder
- My Letter to Sen. Reid
- Fighting Escalates in Gaza/Israel
- 68% of the active duty military not optimistic abo...
- McCain called it, Ukraine is next on Russia's list...
- Reid's Betrayal!
- Manufacturing Fell to 28 Year Low
- ▼ January (45)