"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Americans need to be a hell of a lot more discerning in looking at proposed legislation, and they need to look past the words and to actions.
"Don't tell me words don't matter." -- Pres. Obama
Well, Mr. President, don't tell me ACTIONS don't matter. The President has said that he wants to bring in a "new era of responsibility," yet he is proposing, along with House and Senate Democrats, to print $900 billion in free corporate giveaways, and STD prevention, free condoms for kindergarteners, and a plethora of exorbitant government spending programs.
The con artists never tell you that they are about to con you. In Colorado Springs, my current home town, the news reported of an armed burglary that started with a crying woman at an innocent victim's door. She was screaming and crying that she needed to use a phone because her car broke down. As the unwitting victim opened the door to help, her boyfriend, or baby-daddy, or whatever the hell he is, busted through the door, knocking down the victim and holding her family at gunpoint as they ransacked the house. Evil preys on the good intentions of people, and it hopes that you are not paying attention.
Giving corporate bailouts does not mesh with an era of responsibility. In words, President Obama is on the right track. In deed, he is pulling the wool over our eyes, with the help of the mainstream media. How does offering our tax dollars to support abortions overseas usher in an era of responsibility, Mr. President? I fail to see your logic.
On a large scale, we have a Republican party that serves as the resistance. They are the minutemen of our current poilitical era, and they are the last stand we have against an overly oppressive government, hellbent on gaining more power, authority, and getting it's dirty little hands into every aspect of YOUR daily life.
On a smaller, and more important scale, however, we have another resistance within the GOP. This is the resistance of true Conservatives against the mindless sheep who openly call for our leading Conserative voices to shut up so that they can make nice with those who seek to silence us. I've called for Americans to look more closely at the primaries before, and I'm repeating that call now. We simply cannot win an argument against liberal ideology by supplementing our own ideology with theirs. It will not work. It failed in 2006 and 2008, and it will fail again in 2010 unless we do something to act as Conservatives.
To those of you who wear the GOP label, but call for the rest of us to shut up, your days in Congress are numbered. We will pay close attention to the primaries, and you should not be surprised to see many Republicans who have failed to live up to our Conservative principles (who vote for corporate bailouts, who tell the rest of us to shut up, and who acquiesce to the condescension of the liberal establishment) find themselves watching the general elections from home in their proper place as soon-to-be-former Congressmen.
We're bringing CONSERVATIVE back! Sphere: Related Content
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009...
- The Resistance: Part Duo
- Research Assistant 2008
- The Resistance
- MN Senate Recount Trial: Day 2
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 3 & 4
- Republicans flexing their opposition muscles
- Predictions for the Obama Presidency
- Nancy " The Wicked Witch of the West" Pelosi
- The arrogance of assumed mandates
- A moral questioning of Nationalized Healthcare
- Why we are where we are, and how to move forward.
- Obama stock is over priced, get ready for the sell...
- The Age of President Bush is at an End
- Ramos and Compean are Free
- Let the benefit of History be the judge
- Coleman outlines court challenges
- Official White House reports of the accomplishment...
- A Charge to Keep
- The New Rust Belt States ... Blue States
- Saying goodbye to George Walker Bush, the man
- Barack Obama renews the prominence of the "Victim ...
- Still think the U.S. is not dominant?
- Coleman is all in!
- Guns, not cameras, prevent crime!
- 2010 Democratic Senate Super-Majority?
- Who is Caleb Stegall?
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 2
- Constitutional Crisis
- Sarah Palin refuses to forfeit
- Obama focused on college football?
- Obamanomics, everything for everyone
- Sen. Reid, the Constitution, the Constitution, Sen...
- An Election Review by Jay Cost
- Um, Harry your arrogance is showing
- This recession was inevitable and overdue!
- No Franken Way!
- Sen. Reid says Dems can do "Whatever we want to do...
- Calling Down the Thunder
- My Letter to Sen. Reid
- Fighting Escalates in Gaza/Israel
- 68% of the active duty military not optimistic abo...
- McCain called it, Ukraine is next on Russia's list...
- Reid's Betrayal!
- Manufacturing Fell to 28 Year Low
- ▼ January (45)