"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Read it for yourself!
We cannot even begin to understand the hubris of this man, and his party. Sen. Reid and the Democrats have wilfully circumvented the Constitution, and they are happy to proclaim that they have the power to do whatever they want to do in the face of public opinion. This basically means that we only cite the Constitution when it suits our objectives, and we ignore it if it doesn't. I urge Offering "Common" Sense readers to contact their own Senators and advise them to follow the law, not their own personal political objectives.
I certainly hope Sen. McConnell tells Sen. Reid to step down, or face legal action for breaking the highest laws of our land!
This is not about politics, people. This is about our rights as Americans. We were granted rights because we were created by God, and the Constitution is vital because it is acknowledges that simple fact and requires lmiitations on the government's power. Democrats, and to some extent Republicans, have sought to throw this document into the trash heap of history, in favor of their incessant desire for more power.
People need to stop letting politicians run away with their money, and stop letting the media dictate the debate. Screw the media.
It's time to face these people, look squarely into their eyes, and proclaim, "You have negated your authority by abusing it, time to put someone else in office."
Just remember those five words: Whatever we want to do.
That sums up our current Senate leadership's perspective in a nutshell. Sphere: Related Content
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009...
- The Resistance: Part Duo
- Research Assistant 2008
- The Resistance
- MN Senate Recount Trial: Day 2
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 3 & 4
- Republicans flexing their opposition muscles
- Predictions for the Obama Presidency
- Nancy " The Wicked Witch of the West" Pelosi
- The arrogance of assumed mandates
- A moral questioning of Nationalized Healthcare
- Why we are where we are, and how to move forward.
- Obama stock is over priced, get ready for the sell...
- The Age of President Bush is at an End
- Ramos and Compean are Free
- Let the benefit of History be the judge
- Coleman outlines court challenges
- Official White House reports of the accomplishment...
- A Charge to Keep
- The New Rust Belt States ... Blue States
- Saying goodbye to George Walker Bush, the man
- Barack Obama renews the prominence of the "Victim ...
- Still think the U.S. is not dominant?
- Coleman is all in!
- Guns, not cameras, prevent crime!
- 2010 Democratic Senate Super-Majority?
- Who is Caleb Stegall?
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 2
- Constitutional Crisis
- Sarah Palin refuses to forfeit
- Obama focused on college football?
- Obamanomics, everything for everyone
- Sen. Reid, the Constitution, the Constitution, Sen...
- An Election Review by Jay Cost
- Um, Harry your arrogance is showing
- This recession was inevitable and overdue!
- No Franken Way!
- Sen. Reid says Dems can do "Whatever we want to do...
- Calling Down the Thunder
- My Letter to Sen. Reid
- Fighting Escalates in Gaza/Israel
- 68% of the active duty military not optimistic abo...
- McCain called it, Ukraine is next on Russia's list...
- Reid's Betrayal!
- Manufacturing Fell to 28 Year Low
- ▼ January (45)