"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Monday, January 26, 2009
- We will see less than 50% of Americans paying income taxes
- We will see the credibility of U.S. Treasury Bonds, arguably the most secured investment, questioned with historical deficits
- Guantanamo Bay may close, but a replacement will be erected in its place somewhere else in the world
- Obama will be re-elected under the perception that he ended the war in Iraq and the economy is in recovery
- Republicans will return to the Majority in the Senate and House by 2016
- When he leaves office there will be no more diversity in the U.S. Congress than there is today
- Blue Dog Democrats will be outcasts and will have to be courted for votes on tough economic issues
- Obama will attempt but will be prevented from nationalizing Healthcare
- Obama's stimulus package will pass but little of it will be spent before 2011
- Obama's policies will reduce the production of coal and the number coal related jobs by 2012
- The DJIA will not return to +10K before 2012
- The top tax bracket will be +65% in Federal Income Taxes, +80% in total income
- Zero legislation will be passed impacting illegal immigration
- Strategic ground forces will exit Iraq in accordance with the signed SOFA under President Bush, but support forces will remain indefinitely
- His approval numbers will be below 50% before the 2012 election
- Obama and his foreign policy team will embrace a less prominent role in international relations, bowing to the U.N. and failing to counter the rise of China, India, and Russia
- For the first time since the French Revolution, fewer people will enjoy freedom and liberty in the world
- Iran and at least 3 other nation states will become nuclear capable
- Unemployment will hit 10% by 2011 and will not see single digits until after 2013
- The U.S. will suffer a terrorist attack, likely a dirty bomb in a major city center. Sphere: Related Content
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009...
- The Resistance: Part Duo
- Research Assistant 2008
- The Resistance
- MN Senate Recount Trial: Day 2
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 3 & 4
- Republicans flexing their opposition muscles
- Predictions for the Obama Presidency
- Nancy " The Wicked Witch of the West" Pelosi
- The arrogance of assumed mandates
- A moral questioning of Nationalized Healthcare
- Why we are where we are, and how to move forward.
- Obama stock is over priced, get ready for the sell...
- The Age of President Bush is at an End
- Ramos and Compean are Free
- Let the benefit of History be the judge
- Coleman outlines court challenges
- Official White House reports of the accomplishment...
- A Charge to Keep
- The New Rust Belt States ... Blue States
- Saying goodbye to George Walker Bush, the man
- Barack Obama renews the prominence of the "Victim ...
- Still think the U.S. is not dominant?
- Coleman is all in!
- Guns, not cameras, prevent crime!
- 2010 Democratic Senate Super-Majority?
- Who is Caleb Stegall?
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 2
- Constitutional Crisis
- Sarah Palin refuses to forfeit
- Obama focused on college football?
- Obamanomics, everything for everyone
- Sen. Reid, the Constitution, the Constitution, Sen...
- An Election Review by Jay Cost
- Um, Harry your arrogance is showing
- This recession was inevitable and overdue!
- No Franken Way!
- Sen. Reid says Dems can do "Whatever we want to do...
- Calling Down the Thunder
- My Letter to Sen. Reid
- Fighting Escalates in Gaza/Israel
- 68% of the active duty military not optimistic abo...
- McCain called it, Ukraine is next on Russia's list...
- Reid's Betrayal!
- Manufacturing Fell to 28 Year Low
- ▼ January (45)