"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Friday, January 9, 2009
He has correctly realized the scale of the financial crisis but his diagnosis and solutions are all over the map. Like his campaign promises, he is a generalist, a populist, a I-want-everyone-to-love-me politician.
Obama's "stimulus plan" includes tax cuts, business credits, infrastructure investment, green technology, deficit spending, promises of a balanced budget, rainbows, unicorns, and peter piper. Even the Democrats with conviction of their own are pushing back on items in the stimulus plan that are in contradiction with their Principles (yes, they do exist).
The man who holds the record for "present" votes will not get by on vague, visionary, generic, or charming policies. The President of the United States is the highest executive position one can hold. He will be forced to make major decisions with imperfect information that will have fatal and enormous consequences on the spot, every minute of every day. If he doesn't understand that, he will learn the hard way.
Bye Bye ambiguity. Its time for Barack to grow his conviction.
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-commerce/2009/1/7/why-obama-will-own-the-recession.html Sphere: Related Content
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009...
- The Resistance: Part Duo
- Research Assistant 2008
- The Resistance
- MN Senate Recount Trial: Day 2
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 3 & 4
- Republicans flexing their opposition muscles
- Predictions for the Obama Presidency
- Nancy " The Wicked Witch of the West" Pelosi
- The arrogance of assumed mandates
- A moral questioning of Nationalized Healthcare
- Why we are where we are, and how to move forward.
- Obama stock is over priced, get ready for the sell...
- The Age of President Bush is at an End
- Ramos and Compean are Free
- Let the benefit of History be the judge
- Coleman outlines court challenges
- Official White House reports of the accomplishment...
- A Charge to Keep
- The New Rust Belt States ... Blue States
- Saying goodbye to George Walker Bush, the man
- Barack Obama renews the prominence of the "Victim ...
- Still think the U.S. is not dominant?
- Coleman is all in!
- Guns, not cameras, prevent crime!
- 2010 Democratic Senate Super-Majority?
- Who is Caleb Stegall?
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 2
- Constitutional Crisis
- Sarah Palin refuses to forfeit
- Obama focused on college football?
- Obamanomics, everything for everyone
- Sen. Reid, the Constitution, the Constitution, Sen...
- An Election Review by Jay Cost
- Um, Harry your arrogance is showing
- This recession was inevitable and overdue!
- No Franken Way!
- Sen. Reid says Dems can do "Whatever we want to do...
- Calling Down the Thunder
- My Letter to Sen. Reid
- Fighting Escalates in Gaza/Israel
- 68% of the active duty military not optimistic abo...
- McCain called it, Ukraine is next on Russia's list...
- Reid's Betrayal!
- Manufacturing Fell to 28 Year Low
- ▼ January (45)