"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Sunday, January 4, 2009
"You called down the thunder, well now you got it! You see that? It says United States Marshall. I see a red sash, I kill the man wearin' it. So run you kerr. Tell all the other kerr's the law's comin! You tell 'em I'm comin', and hell's comin' with me, you hear...HELL'S COMIN' WITH ME!!" -- Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp, Tombstone
Anyone who doesn't get chills from that scene in the movie Tombstone, isn't playing with a full deck. I can't help but think of the United States as a Marshall in the wild west atmosphere of our free world, where terrorists threaten civility. On 9/11 they called down the thunder, and we've hit back hard, consistently, and without hesitation ever since. Much to the consternation of lesser nations who would allow terror to be dealt with in mock courts after the fact, we have demonstrated leadership as a nation. Israel is doing the same thing with Hamas. Terrorists shot rockets into Israel, and they called down the thunder. Gaza residents are basically held hostage by their own people. Hamas starts the fight, tells Israel to bring it on, when they get their butts handed to them, they call for a public outcry. We see protests in New York, London, and elsewhere from Palestinians calling to end the plight of the people.*
*Note: ending the plight of the Palestinians can only be accomplished by killing all Jews, and ending the state of Israel, according to these "peace"ful protestors. Sphere: Related Content
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009...
- The Resistance: Part Duo
- Research Assistant 2008
- The Resistance
- MN Senate Recount Trial: Day 2
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 3 & 4
- Republicans flexing their opposition muscles
- Predictions for the Obama Presidency
- Nancy " The Wicked Witch of the West" Pelosi
- The arrogance of assumed mandates
- A moral questioning of Nationalized Healthcare
- Why we are where we are, and how to move forward.
- Obama stock is over priced, get ready for the sell...
- The Age of President Bush is at an End
- Ramos and Compean are Free
- Let the benefit of History be the judge
- Coleman outlines court challenges
- Official White House reports of the accomplishment...
- A Charge to Keep
- The New Rust Belt States ... Blue States
- Saying goodbye to George Walker Bush, the man
- Barack Obama renews the prominence of the "Victim ...
- Still think the U.S. is not dominant?
- Coleman is all in!
- Guns, not cameras, prevent crime!
- 2010 Democratic Senate Super-Majority?
- Who is Caleb Stegall?
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 2
- Constitutional Crisis
- Sarah Palin refuses to forfeit
- Obama focused on college football?
- Obamanomics, everything for everyone
- Sen. Reid, the Constitution, the Constitution, Sen...
- An Election Review by Jay Cost
- Um, Harry your arrogance is showing
- This recession was inevitable and overdue!
- No Franken Way!
- Sen. Reid says Dems can do "Whatever we want to do...
- Calling Down the Thunder
- My Letter to Sen. Reid
- Fighting Escalates in Gaza/Israel
- 68% of the active duty military not optimistic abo...
- McCain called it, Ukraine is next on Russia's list...
- Reid's Betrayal!
- Manufacturing Fell to 28 Year Low
- ▼ January (45)