"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Monday, January 12, 2009
It is expected today that Sen. Voinovich (R-OH) will announce his retirement in 2010. Along with Sen. Brownback (R-KS) and Sen. Martinez (R-FL) there will be 3 open Republican seats up for election in 2010.
Although there is hope for gains in the House, they probably won't be substantial enough to change the dynamic Democrat majority. Which leaves me with a pessimistic outlook for GOP congressional advances in 2010.
Although, a lot can change in 2 years.
Signing off...JCB Sphere: Related Content
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009...
- The Resistance: Part Duo
- Research Assistant 2008
- The Resistance
- MN Senate Recount Trial: Day 2
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 3 & 4
- Republicans flexing their opposition muscles
- Predictions for the Obama Presidency
- Nancy " The Wicked Witch of the West" Pelosi
- The arrogance of assumed mandates
- A moral questioning of Nationalized Healthcare
- Why we are where we are, and how to move forward.
- Obama stock is over priced, get ready for the sell...
- The Age of President Bush is at an End
- Ramos and Compean are Free
- Let the benefit of History be the judge
- Coleman outlines court challenges
- Official White House reports of the accomplishment...
- A Charge to Keep
- The New Rust Belt States ... Blue States
- Saying goodbye to George Walker Bush, the man
- Barack Obama renews the prominence of the "Victim ...
- Still think the U.S. is not dominant?
- Coleman is all in!
- Guns, not cameras, prevent crime!
- 2010 Democratic Senate Super-Majority?
- Who is Caleb Stegall?
- Jay Cost Election Review Part 2
- Constitutional Crisis
- Sarah Palin refuses to forfeit
- Obama focused on college football?
- Obamanomics, everything for everyone
- Sen. Reid, the Constitution, the Constitution, Sen...
- An Election Review by Jay Cost
- Um, Harry your arrogance is showing
- This recession was inevitable and overdue!
- No Franken Way!
- Sen. Reid says Dems can do "Whatever we want to do...
- Calling Down the Thunder
- My Letter to Sen. Reid
- Fighting Escalates in Gaza/Israel
- 68% of the active duty military not optimistic abo...
- McCain called it, Ukraine is next on Russia's list...
- Reid's Betrayal!
- Manufacturing Fell to 28 Year Low
- ▼ January (45)