"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790

Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Letter to Sen. Reid

Sen. Reid,

You have no authority to prevent a duly appointed Senator from taking office. Your efforts, as reported in the press, to prevent Sen-select Burris from taking the Senate floor are more than a little concerning.

I suggest that you stick to your Constitutional mandates. We can disagree over policy, and you can vote to create almost any law that your heart desires, but you cannot trample the Constitution of the United States for political expediency.

If anyone tries to circumvent the Constitution, I will press my duly elected Representatives and Senators to make it a public matter by calling for the removal of officials that openly defy our nation's founding documents.

--Joshua Brooks
Colorado Springs, CO
USAF Veteran, Citizen Defender of the Constitution Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in the 1st Amendment. Say whatever you want. If you're a moron, I may point that out...if I have time. :P

Site Meter

Blog Archive