"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Sunday, February 8, 2009
We haven't exactly been a free market economy during the past century or two (the SEC, anti-trust laws, incessant government regulations and even price caps...yes price caps!), and that's been our downfall. Liberals will tell you that we weren't socialist** enough, and that we should try it now. The truth is, however, without all of the past government "intervention" we would have probably been in great shape economically. With trillions (some say as high as $13 trillion) of U.S. dollars invested overseas to avoid our unfriendly environment to business (yes, America is no longer business-friendly, how do you like that?), and a ton of government waste, it should be obvious that a reversal in our socialist** policy decades ago would have done wonders for us. Instead of being in debt by $10-12 trillion, we'd be a few trillion in the green.
Imagine... (Do the Wayne's World doodley-doo doodley-doo noise here):
President McCain issued his 2015 Budget Request to the House of Representatives today, with spending totalling somewhere on the order of $500 billion dollars. Conservative groups created an outcry against the McCain Administration's over-spending, but backed down when the President showed the balanced checkbook. The US Savings Account has now over $1.2 trillion, so the 2010 budget will require $0 tax revenues. Since the 2011 passage of the FairTax, the federal government has doubled annual tax revenues by eliminating tax burdens on productivity, and yet the need for numerous government programs has been reduced by upwards of 85% for the past 2 years. President McCain says that after spending all of the budget for 2015, he expects to have approximately $700billion left in savings, yet the 2015 revenue projects from the FairTax are expected to put $2 trillion back into the government purse. The liberal groups criticized the $1.3 trillion budget surplus, but seeing the need to ensure that the US Government doesn't have too much liquidity, the President ordered a second Mars colony developed by NASA. Unfortunately, the discovery of a super alloy 2" below the Martian surface that weighs less than tin foil and is stronger than any material on earth suggests that once again the American revenues will fly through the roof. In international news, the U.S. officially paid off the debts of all 3rd World Nations, which is already paying dividends worldwide. Terrorists are ostracized in their own home nations, and we are seeing for the first time, a global trends towards true cooperation.
In Sports, the Atlanta Braves have done it again! Six World Series in a Row and over the Minnesota Twins each and every time!...
* denotes term used loosely
** often called "progressive"
Sphere: Related Content
- Offering Common Sense is Undergoing Changes
- Republicans who voted for the Omnibus Bill (H.R. 1...
- Get ready to be hit by an Omnibus (H.R. 1105)
- Georgia Republicans Stand Against the IRS
- Alan Colmes, the new National Inquirer of the News...
- Bush Diplomacy v. Obama Diplomacy
- Earmarks, Get Your Earmarks Here!
- Rep. Jackson-Lee is at it again! H.R. 262 - Preve...
- S. 449 - Free Speech Protection Act of 2009
- "A Nation of Cowards." -- AG Holder
- S. 371 - Sen. Bennett (D - CO) Co-sponsoring
- H.R. 794 - Rep. Doug Lamborn's Current Bill
- Pork Alert! H.R. 1000 (Update #1)
- H.R. 17 - Citizen's Self-Defense Act of 2009
- My Dream
- The Top of the Slippery Slope
- Constitutional Amendment XXVIII
- The Pork Barrell Spending and Screw the Taxpayers ...
- GOP Leadership embracing its role as the oppositio...
- Sen. Collins, Specter, and Snow: A Betrayal of Pr...
- The Culture of Death
- Obama's Stimulus is his First Battle of Manassas
- Grab your shovels
- Coleman still tickin'
- ▼ February (24)