"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pork Alert! H.R. 1000 (Update #1)

In the grand scheme of things, $50 million is a drop in the bucket, but at some point we need to stand up as Conservatives...as Americans, and say "enough spending!" Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-CO 5), the Congressman formerly known as the Representative who does not answer constituent emails*, actually co-sponsored this pork-barrel bill that votes itself $50,000,000.00 from the federal purse to bring to his home state of Colorado for environmental projects. While we should be stewards of our environment (and not anti-capitalist green morons with the real agenda of bringing down the world's economy), Rep. Lamborn is putting his own re-election over the interests of the nation by co-sponsoring this bill. This is precisely why I want to impose term limits on Congress. Would our Republican representative vote to spend taxpayer money in such a way if he were ineligible for re-election in 2010?

*Congressman Lamborn's Communication Director returned my blog w/ an email, and I appreciate the gesture. I now eagerly await the Congressman's opinions on pork-barrel spending and term limits in particular. My party is a reflection of my ideology, not the other way around, and I make no apologies for complaining about not hearing from my Representative in the past. I also make sure that I am fair when my grievances are addressed. We're halfway there. Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in the 1st Amendment. Say whatever you want. If you're a moron, I may point that out...if I have time. :P

Site Meter