"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Forget Snowe, Collins, and Specter. The were known centrists that would be targetted by Dems.
1. Michael Steele proved to be an articulate, intelligent, and pursuasive standard bearer as the RNC chair on ThisWeek. Despite the grilling from George S. he stood in there and delivered the Conservative message without apologies. The key point being that tax breaks stimulate instantaneously and create long-term JOB growth. Whereas Gov. spending creates temporary contractual employment and takes time to get into the economy and doesn't save us from potential job cuts.
2. McCain stood up as a Conservative leader rather than a quarterback of compromise.
3. Even if the Senate version of the Stimulus Plan passes in the House, the amount of tax cuts has doubled.
All in all not a bad weekend.
Signing off...JCB Sphere: Related Content
- Offering Common Sense is Undergoing Changes
- Republicans who voted for the Omnibus Bill (H.R. 1...
- Get ready to be hit by an Omnibus (H.R. 1105)
- Georgia Republicans Stand Against the IRS
- Alan Colmes, the new National Inquirer of the News...
- Bush Diplomacy v. Obama Diplomacy
- Earmarks, Get Your Earmarks Here!
- Rep. Jackson-Lee is at it again! H.R. 262 - Preve...
- S. 449 - Free Speech Protection Act of 2009
- "A Nation of Cowards." -- AG Holder
- S. 371 - Sen. Bennett (D - CO) Co-sponsoring
- H.R. 794 - Rep. Doug Lamborn's Current Bill
- Pork Alert! H.R. 1000 (Update #1)
- H.R. 17 - Citizen's Self-Defense Act of 2009
- My Dream
- The Top of the Slippery Slope
- Constitutional Amendment XXVIII
- The Pork Barrell Spending and Screw the Taxpayers ...
- GOP Leadership embracing its role as the oppositio...
- Sen. Collins, Specter, and Snow: A Betrayal of Pr...
- The Culture of Death
- Obama's Stimulus is his First Battle of Manassas
- Grab your shovels
- Coleman still tickin'
- ▼ February (24)