"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Rep. Mary Bono Mack [R, CA-45]
Rep. Virginia Brown-Waite [R, FL-5]
Rep. Anh Cao [R, LA-2]
Rep. Shelley Capito [R, WV-2]
Rep. Michael Castle [R, DE-0]
Rep. Charles Dent [R, PA-15]
Rep. Jo Ann Emerson [R, MO-8]
Rep. Jim Gerlach [R, PA-6]
Rep. Frank LoBiondo [R, NJ-2]
Rep. John McHugh [R, NY-23]
Rep. Candice Miller [R, MI-10]
Rep. Tim Murphy [R, PA-18]
Rep. Dave Reichert [R, WA-8]
Rep. Frederick Upton [R, MI-6]
Rep. Edward Whitfield [R, KY-1]
Rep. Donald Young [R, AK-0]
The following Republicans didn't even care enough to vote either way...they "abstained."
Rep. Spencer Bachus [R, AL-6]
Rep. John Campbell [R, CA-48]
Rep. Bill Cassidy [R, LA-6]
Rep. Gary Miller [R, CA-42]
Now, for a stark contrast on paradox Wednesday, let's look at the Democrats who voted with the American Taxpayers for a change!
Rep. Melissa Bean [D, IL-8]
Rep. Dennis Cardoza [D, CA-18]
Rep. Travis Childers [D, MS-1]
Rep. Jim Cooper [D, TN-5]
Rep. Jim Costa [D, CA-20]
Rep. Joe Donnelly [D, IN-2]
Rep. Steve Driehaus [D, OH-1]
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords [D, AZ-8]
Rep. Baron Hill [D, IN-9]
Rep. Ronald Kind [D, WI-3]
Rep. Frank Kratovil [D, MD-1]
Rep. James Marshall [D, GA-8]
Rep. Jim Matheson [D, UT-2]
Rep. Walter Minnick [D, ID-1]
Rep. Harry Mitchell [D, AZ-5]
Rep. Glenn Nye [D, VA-2]
Rep. Collin Peterson [D, MN-7]
Rep. Jackie Speier [D, CA-12]
Rep. John Tanner [D, TN-8]
Rep. Gene Taylor [D, MS-4]
*Thanks to Opencongress.org for publishing this list. The House.gov site made no mention of it as of this evening, only stating that there was a Roll Call vote #86. Sphere: Related Content
- Offering Common Sense is Undergoing Changes
- Republicans who voted for the Omnibus Bill (H.R. 1...
- Get ready to be hit by an Omnibus (H.R. 1105)
- Georgia Republicans Stand Against the IRS
- Alan Colmes, the new National Inquirer of the News...
- Bush Diplomacy v. Obama Diplomacy
- Earmarks, Get Your Earmarks Here!
- Rep. Jackson-Lee is at it again! H.R. 262 - Preve...
- S. 449 - Free Speech Protection Act of 2009
- "A Nation of Cowards." -- AG Holder
- S. 371 - Sen. Bennett (D - CO) Co-sponsoring
- H.R. 794 - Rep. Doug Lamborn's Current Bill
- Pork Alert! H.R. 1000 (Update #1)
- H.R. 17 - Citizen's Self-Defense Act of 2009
- My Dream
- The Top of the Slippery Slope
- Constitutional Amendment XXVIII
- The Pork Barrell Spending and Screw the Taxpayers ...
- GOP Leadership embracing its role as the oppositio...
- Sen. Collins, Specter, and Snow: A Betrayal of Pr...
- The Culture of Death
- Obama's Stimulus is his First Battle of Manassas
- Grab your shovels
- Coleman still tickin'
- ▼ February (24)