"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- JP Curran, 1790
Friday, February 6, 2009
With approval rating below 50% in all major polls, Obama's stimulus plan will hopefully die a quick death. Congrats to the Senate and House Republicans for showing the Administration and the country that in opposition you aren't afraid to plant your heals and fight. Keep up the good work.
Unless there is capitulation from Senate Republicans, the Stimulus package will need to be re-drafted which generate Dem vs. Dem squabbling and added opportunity for Republicans to pick apart the pork barrel flank of this plan.
With the tremendous build-up and impending failure, this may be the equivalent of Union Army's blunders during the First Battle of Manassas or Bull Run for Obama legislative agenda. Eager to satisfy impatient politicians seeking a quick victory, Brig. Gen. Irvin McDowell advanced his untested army across Bull Run to face the Confederate Army in haste. He amassed the largest Army on the North American continent (35K+) and tried to bludgeon his way through to victory. After initial successes and public support for the campaign, he was quickly routed into an embarrassing defeat. Sound familiar.
Even in failure Obama has the capacity and political capital to rebuild and win many future victories. But, this would be a crushing blow to his momentum and strategy.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/05/opinion/polls/main4778192.shtml Sphere: Related Content
- Offering Common Sense is Undergoing Changes
- Republicans who voted for the Omnibus Bill (H.R. 1...
- Get ready to be hit by an Omnibus (H.R. 1105)
- Georgia Republicans Stand Against the IRS
- Alan Colmes, the new National Inquirer of the News...
- Bush Diplomacy v. Obama Diplomacy
- Earmarks, Get Your Earmarks Here!
- Rep. Jackson-Lee is at it again! H.R. 262 - Preve...
- S. 449 - Free Speech Protection Act of 2009
- "A Nation of Cowards." -- AG Holder
- S. 371 - Sen. Bennett (D - CO) Co-sponsoring
- H.R. 794 - Rep. Doug Lamborn's Current Bill
- Pork Alert! H.R. 1000 (Update #1)
- H.R. 17 - Citizen's Self-Defense Act of 2009
- My Dream
- The Top of the Slippery Slope
- Constitutional Amendment XXVIII
- The Pork Barrell Spending and Screw the Taxpayers ...
- GOP Leadership embracing its role as the oppositio...
- Sen. Collins, Specter, and Snow: A Betrayal of Pr...
- The Culture of Death
- Obama's Stimulus is his First Battle of Manassas
- Grab your shovels
- Coleman still tickin'
- ▼ February (24)