Senate Amendments proposed yesterday:
- 596 (Tom Coburn - OK) -- requiring competitive contract procedures
- 599 (Lisa Murkowski - AK) -- modification of rule promulgation
- 607 (Roger Wicker - MS) -- preventing use of funds for "coercive abortions"
- 608 (Tom Coburn - OK) -- providings funds for "Emmett Till Civil Rights Crime Act"
- 610 (Tom Coburn - OK) -- preventing "earmarks"
- 623 (Tom Coburn - OK) -- no earmarks for 14 lobbying firms under investigation
- 635 (John Thune - SD) -- funding for Emergency Fund for Indian Safety and Health
Nothing in these amendments actually reduces the pork or the spending. Coburn's 610 amendment seemingly addresses this, but the only way to do anything is to squash this bill where it stands...in the Senate. This is absolutely ridiculous, people. What is surprising is that we have Republican Senators, supposedly Conservatives, looking for their piece of the Appropriations pie.Sphere: Related Content